Hello Spring, with so many fun things happening around our community, here’s a shout out to a few more fun activities. The flowers are blooming, we’ve been blessed with some rain and we’re all excited about spring.
Celebrate the Arts
- Join one of the local photos walks, if you’ve missed some of the open to the public Nevada County Camera Club walk there are still a few more, to help celebrate Photo Month in Nevada County. Or you can join me for a walk at Empire Mine State Park, Saturday, April 23rd, 2pm to support arts with the local state parks.
- Check out Community Asian Theatre of the Sierra’s production of Joy Luck Club finally opens at the Historic Nevada Theatre.
- Check out live music at The Miners Foundry, The Center for the Arts, Music in the Mountains or InConcert Sierra.
- Participate in the Sierra Poetry Festival
- Celebrate artisans at the Nevada City Miners Foundry Nevada City Craft Fair.
- Take a class at ASiF or drop by it one of their many events.
Earth Day Ideas
- Wild & Scenic Film Festival is having an Earth Day weekend, films, talks and farm visits, check it out online for your opportunity to participate.
- Nevada City Chamber of Commerce is hosting a brand new Earth Fest Street Fair, Saturday, April 30th
- Check out the spring blooms around downtown Nevada City or visit the Crystal Hermitage Garden and enjoy the tulips.
- Sit outside and just take a moment to breath.
Grass Valley Events
- Grass Valley Car Show, Saturday, April 23rd
- TDS Enduro Mountain Bike event, April 22-24
- Grass Valley Home and Garden Show, April 23rd and 24th, Nevada County Fairgrounds
- Grass Valley Old West Show, May 6th and 7th
- Or just take a stroll through downtown, support small businesses, have a glass of wine, go out to eat.