https://i0.wp.com/visitnevadacityca.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/IMG_4951-scaled.jpg?fit=2560%2C1707&ssl=1 1707 2560 erin https://visitnevadacityca.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/header-logo-vncca.png erin2020-04-13 09:00:042020-04-12 16:36:25Earth Day
Over the last few years I’ve posted a number of round ups of Earth Day events, as our community has really gone above and beyond to celebrate Mother Nature. As I wrote last week, it’s hard to come up with ways to continue to be a cheerleader for all things Nevada County when it seems like everything is cancelled. But, then I realized, even if all the organized events for Earth Day are cancelled this year, we can still celebrate. Here are 10 ideas:
- Check out the online Crystal Hermitage Tulip Watch.
- Take a walk outside.
- Even thought Ike’s Quarter Cafe is currently closed, the cherry tree is always one of my spring time favorite things.
- Join the BYLT Virtual Youth Environmental Summit.
- Take a hike.
- Plant a garden, check out this list by Sierra Harvest of all your local resources.
- Support local farms with either a CSA veggie box or a flower subscription.
- Join a worldwide digital Earth Day Celebration.
- Learn more about the plants in your backyard, check out PlantSnap or PlaNet Plant Identification.
- Sit outside and just take a moment to breath.
© 2020 InnSide Nevada City, © photos by Erin Thiem and Cathy Stewart
Perfect! Way to be creative and think outside the box..and outside the house! ; )
Wonderful ideas to enjoy our area while making safe choices. Thank you!
Beautiful as always, Erin. Thank you for the April cheer!