Hello September. Excited to continue to share things that are happening, places to explore and fun happenings in Nevada City. We’ve all got a little bit of fall fever, so here are some suggestions on ways to get out, explore, learn something new or maybe just take a moment to celebrate Mother Nature.
- Go for a hike along the South Yuba River, explore Spenceville Wildlife Area, go for a walk in Empire Mine Historic State Park.
- Go for an urban hike and walk to the Deer Creek Tribute Trail or explore Nevada City neighborhoods, or join us for the kick off of the Fall 2023 Folk Trails Hiking Club. Or if you’re ambitious give a go for the Yuba Gold 50K running event.
- Bring out your bike and good for a lap on the Hoot Trail or Scotts Drop. Or start training for the Heart of Gravel event, Saturday, October 7th.
Celebrate the Arts & Events
- Check out live music at The Miners Foundry, The Center for the Arts or Deer Creek Music Festival at Pioneer Park, September 9th
- Cheers to California Wine month, get a glass of wine at Nevada City Winery and enjoy the art exhibit or grab a beer at Grass Valley Brewing and check out local photographs.
- Roamin Angel Cruising the Pines Car Show, September 9th
- Nevada City Constitution Day Parade and events, September 16th and 17th
- Draft Horse Classic, September 21st-24th
- KVMR Celtic Festival, September 29th -October 1st
- Heart of Gold Gravel Ride, October 7th
- Folk Trails Hiking Club Meet up, Thursday, October 12th
- Shop the Japanese Antique Sale at Kodo Arts, October 14-22
- Sugar Pine Music Festival, October 19th-22nd
- Open Studios Tour, October 8th and 9th and October 15th and 16th
- Disco Inferno Halloween Bash, October 28th and/or The Polish Ambassador at the Miners Foundry, October 31st
Grab a bite to Eat
- Go sit outside and enjoy a beverage, outdoor options at TJ’s Roadhouse, Jerigan’s, EspirtuArt Cafe, veranda at The National Exchange or the brewery Ribald Brewery or the new patio at Three Forks Bakery.
- Stock up with fresh baked cookies from Gold Rush Cookie Company
- Support local farmers and check out the indoor location of the Nevada City Farmers Market
- Stock up on cheese from Dedrick’s Cheese or Backporch Market or sandwiches from The Ham Stand and go for a picnic down by the river.
Sending you lots of spring vibes, enjoy the flowers, get outside and lots of love to all of Nevada City. We’ve got a great midweek glamping special at the Inn Town Campground, book 2 nights and get 20% off your stay Sunday-Thursday, through the end of September.