Hello September! The Outside Inn crew wants to take a deep breath and marvel at another amazing summer season. We get so many repeat guests who come year after year. Many visitors swim in the river, others attend local events, celebrate loved ones at weddings and take advantage of many of the kid friendly activities. So thanks to all the repeat guests, the newcomers and locals who sent their family and friends to hang out with us at the Outside Inn and the Inn Town Campground. We feel honored to be able to play a part of people’s summer fun.
And I love fall… I love everything about it. So for those of you who aren’t familiar with all the fun in September & October here are a few events to check out:
- Nevada City Film Festival (September 7-14th)
- French Connection Festival will be held at Malakoff Diggins State Park (September 8th)
- Nevada City Constitution Day Parade (September 9th)
- Folk Trails Hiking Club Forest Bathing (September 12th)
- Bear Yuba Land Trust Fireside Chat (September 27th)
- SYRCL Yuba River Clean Up (September 15th)
- Sierra Vintners Regional Wine Trail (September 22nd)
- Draft Horse Classic (September 21-23th)
- Fall Colors
- Nevada City Farmers Market (Saturdays 8:30am-1pm)
- KVMR Celtic Festival (September 28th-30th)
- Women’s Mountain Bike Skills Clinic and Camp (October 13 & 14)
- Pumpkin Patch activities (Biergwagen’s & McCourtney Road Pumpkins)
- The Polish Ambassador at the Miners Foundry (October 31st)
- Open Studios Tour (October 13th & 14th and October 20th and 21st)
- Day of the Dead Cemetery Tour, November 1st
While I say love our community on a regular basis, and thoroughly enjoy reading why you guys love our community for my annual giveaway, it is fun to remember on a daily basis why we call Nevada City home. While it still feels like summer here, we’re all excited about the changing of the seasons. And while I have spent most of my summer days at the Inn Town Campground, I’m still active on Instagram (check out the Inn Town Campground and Visit Nevada City feeds for more fun) and Facebook. Plus, every week I update our weekly events boards on Pinterest. Oh, and there’s still time to enter the giveaway from last week’s Nevada City Film Festival and Inn Town Campground blog post, winner will be announced at 5pm today.
© 2018 InnSide Nevada City, photos by Erin Thiem
Thanks Erin for keeping us informed and entertained with all of the great photos!!
Whoa, so many things to do that I had no idea of. Thanks !!!!!