Hello Spring. Excited to continue to share things that are happening, places to explore and fun happenings in Nevada City. We’ve all got a little bit of spring fever, so here are some suggestions on ways to get out, explore, learn something new or maybe just take a moment to celebrate Mother Nature.
- Buttermilk Bend wildflower hikes are every Saturday and Sunday mornings at 10am down at Bridgeport along the South Yuba River through mid-May. If you’ve never been down there now is the time of the year to go. Click here for the self guided trees and shrubs brochure or here for a Wildflowers directory. Please remember to recreate responsibly and don’t pick the wildflowers.
- Go for an urban hike and walk to the Deer Creek Tribute Trail or explore Nevada City neighborhoods, or join us for the kick off of the 2023 Folk Trails Hiking Club, Thursday, May 18th, 6pm at the Nevada City Chamber.
- Bring out your bike and good for a lap on the Hoot Trail or Scotts Drop. This weekend includes all sorts of fun for the California Dirt Mountain Bike Series and the Dirt Daze event.
Celebrate the Arts
- Join one of the local photos walks, Nevada County Camera Club, Crystal Hermitage Tulips or Empire Mine State Park.
- Check out Community Asian Theatre of the Sierra’s production of The Great Leap.
- Check out live music at The Miners Foundry, The Center for the Arts, Music in the Mountains or InConcert Sierra.
- Go learn about the Gold Rush era at Empire Mine Historic State Park.
- Events at the Nevada City Miners Foundry, including the Nevada City Craft Fair plus live music.
- Get a glass of wine at Nevada City Winery and enjoy the art exhibit or grab a beer at Grass Valley Brewing and check out local photographs.
- Shop the Japanese Antique Sale at Kodo Arts
- Celebrate Nevada County Reads
Grab a bite to Eat
- Go sit outside and enjoy a beverage, outdoor options at TJ’s Roadhouse, Jerigan’s, EspirtuArt Cafe, veranda at The National Exchange or the brewery Ribald Brewery.
- Stock up with fresh baked cookies from Gold Rush Cookie Company
- Support local farmers and check out the indoor location of the Nevada City Farmers Market
- Stock up on cheese from Dedrick’s Cheese or Backporch Market or sandwiches from The Ham Stand and go for a picnic down by the river.
Spring Outdoor Activities
- Plant a garden: Starbright Acres Farm, Peaceful Valley and the Fresh Starts Organic Farms are just a few of the local ways to get veggie starts.
- Support local farms with either a CSA veggie box or a flower subscription.
- Learn more about the plants in your backyard, check out PlantSnap or PlaNet Plant Identification.
- Check out the spring blooms around downtown Nevada City or visit the Crystal Hermitage Garden and enjoy the tulips.
- Sit outside and just take a moment to breath.
Sending you lots of spring vibes, enjoy the flowers, get outside and lots of love to all of Nevada City. We’ve got a great midweek glamping special at the Inn Town Campground, book 2 nights and get 20% off your stay Sunday-Thursday, now till the Thursday before Memorial Day weekend.