Is it really October? I’ve always said fall is one of my favorite seasons, and I’m excited to share the season with guests at the Outside Inn. Here are 15 ideas to help motivate you to get outside and celebrate the season.
- Pick a pumpkin at Bierwagen’s.
- Check out the Fall Colors Open Studio & Art Tours throughout Nevada County, click here to see the program online, Saturday & Sunday, October 9, 10, 16 & 17.
- Nevada City Farmers Market Saturday: 8:30am-1pm
- All things pumpkin (one should not miss the Treats pumpkin ice cream or the Caroline’s Coffee pumpkin spice latte).
- Celebrate the harvest season and go wine tasting, several of our local wineries now have expanded outdoor seating area (check out Nevada City Winery’s patio).
- Celebrate Oktoberfest at The National Exchange Hotel
- Grass Valley BrewFest, Saturday, October 6th, 1-5pm, tickets on sale, limited numbers available.
- Check out the variety of veggies in the Outside Inn’s free vegetable cart.
- Haunted Nevada City tours are now audio self guided, stop by the Nevada City Chamber to purchase the tour. Or check out The National Exchange Hotel free Haunted History Tours, RSVP to grab a spot for one of the two sessions this month.
- Folk Trails Hiking Club Historic Cemeteries Hike, October 14th, 4-6pm
- Take a fall colors walk around downtown Nevada City or check out the points of historical interests.
- Go on a self guided fall colors photo walk and share your photo on Instagram with #VisitNevadaCity.
- Go camping at the Inn Town Campground (check out the midweek October glamping special) and the fun Halloween decor.
- Halloween fun
- Miners Foundry Fright Night
So whether you’re looking for fall color, supporting local artists, visiting local wineries or picking a pumpkin, there’s plenty to do in Nevada County for the whole family. The Outside Inn will be hosting the haunted pathway this year for Halloween and will continue to decorate for the season. We’d love to hear from you guys on how you’re going to celebrate the fall season?