https://i0.wp.com/visitnevadacityca.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/A41A9131.jpg?fit=1800%2C1200&ssl=1 1200 1800 erin https://visitnevadacityca.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/header-logo-vncca.png erin2023-01-16 17:08:152023-01-16 17:08:15Nevada City Winter Activities
During the winter months are you looking for more ideas on things to do in Nevada City & Grass Valley? While I think of Nevada City as a great year round destination (spring wildflowers, tulips, swimming in the South Yuba River, fall colors and holiday events), there are actually a number of fun things to do locally, even if it’s raining.
Here are 10 winter ideas:
- Go outside, whether it’s skiing, snowboard, snow shoeing or building a snowman. Who’s been to Sugar Bowl or Royal Gorge lately?
- Visit a local museum. The Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum or Empire Mine Historic State Park are both great options to learn a little local history on a rainy day.
- Take an Art Class (ASiF or The Artist Workshop, Curious Forge).
- Go wine tasting, whether it’s a local tasting room or check out the upcoming Foothills Celebration wine tasting event.
- Go take a winter hike, join the Folk Trails Hiking Club on one of our 2023 meet ups. With our lower elevations, you really can get out and enjoy a walk outside year round (even if it’s raining).
- Go to the movies. You can enjoy Nevada City’s The Onyx, Grass Valley’s locally owned Sierra Theaters or mark your calendar for the upcoming Wild & Scenic Film Festival (Feb 16-20).
- Celebrate in downtown Nevada City for the Mardi Gras Parade (Feb 19th)
- Read a book, take part in Nevada County Reads, support The Book Seller or learn from experts at the Sierra Writers Conference.
- Take the kids bowling.
- Plan your summer adventures at the Inn Town Campground, always fun to have something to look forward to on the calendar.
I always love seeing the Visit Nevada City Instagram feed., it’s always a great way to see town through the eyes of others.