Welcome 2022. While we enjoyed the great snowstorm at the end of 2021, it was a challenge for so many members of our community. But, now we’re back to highs in the mid 60’s and wondering what happened to old man winter? So, we’ve put together a few winter activities ideas, obviously things are constantly changing with events and activities, so here are a few ideas of other things to do.
Here are a few more suggestions to get through the winter season.
- Go Skiing! So while Nevada City isn’t a ski-in, ski-out destination, there is something to be said for coming to hang out in the snow-free zone and driving up the hill for some amazing skiing. The closest options are Sugar Bowl, Boreal and cross country ski resort Royal Gorge. But Alpine Meadows, Palisades Tahoe, Northstar are all accessible for a day trip.
- Go for a hike, some great options to consider in the winter:
- Take a bike ride.
- Do something virtually in a new place- whether it’s a zoom cooking class, happy hour with friends or watching the Wild & Scenic Film Festival online.
- Explore the Sierra Nevada Mountains, day trip to Truckee, Donner Lake or take a drive up to Downieville.
- Grab take out from one of the many local restaurants and support small businesses.
- Recreate responsibly outside, check out these great tips and suggestions.
- Take time to plan a future trip, now is a great time to plan your next adventure.
© 2022 InnSide Nevada City