The Nevada County Fair is here with 5 days full of rides, exhibits, demonstrations, arts & crafts, animals, music and so much more. The fair runs from Wednesday, August 9th through Sunday, August 13th at the Nevada County Fairgrounds, gates open at 10am on Wednesday with activities and fun for the whole family. Check out the special contests, live music, Monster Truck and auctions.
Entertainment this year includes Michelle Lambert, Nipper Brothers, Starpeople, Elevation, Nevada County Concert Band, Juliet Gobert and the Heifer Belle, Chris Crockett to name a few. In addition to the rides, music and events are the barns full of livestock, games and buildings full of exhibits. Or maybe you want to try one of the Special Events? This year’s contents include: Corn Husking Contest, Squash Mobile Racing, Frozen Shirt Challenge (be the first to thaw a frozen shirt and get it on) and Cold Toes Challenge. There are lots of great local organizations selling food to help raise funds for their programs year round, with over 25 different booths on Treat Street do you choose the same thing every year or mix it up? Did you know the Job’s Daughter Corn Dog booth sells between 15,000 – 19,000 corn dogs every year at the Fair? Or that Grass Valley Host Lions Club serves approximately 16,000 ears of corn over the course of the whole fair.
Special promotions each day of the Fair:
- Wednesday: Scholar Students Day, Free admission for Nevada County Honor Roll students until 5 pm
- Thursday: Community Day $5 admission all day for adults and children (free to children 5 and under), Free admission for disabled persons (and a chaperone for those who require assistance) until 5 pm
- Friday: Family Friday, one free carnival ride coupon for first 500 guests
- Saturday: Military Appreciation Day, Free admission for active and retired military (who show ID) until 5 pm
- Sunday: Sunday Funday, Free admission for children 12 and under until 5 pm
© 2023 InnSide Nevada City, Photos by Lenkaland Photography