There are so many great things to do in fall in Nevada City, here are a few suggestions to help motivate you to get outside and celebrate the season.
- Pick a pumpkin at either Bierwagen’s or McCourtney Road Pumpkin Patch.
- Check out the Fall Colors Open Studio & Art Tours throughout Nevada County, click here to see the program online, Saturday & Sunday October 19-20.
- Nevada City Farmers Market Saturday: 8:30am-1pm
- All things pumpkin (one should not miss the Treats pumpkin ice cream or the Caroline’s Coffee pumpkin spice latte).
- Take a fall cooking class at Tess’ Kitchen Store (Great Pumpkin Receipes)
- Celebrate the harvest season and go wine tasting.
- Decorate your house in the Halloween spirit, only 17 more days. Buy your ticket to Fright Night at the Miners Foundry. Don’t forget the Safe Trick or Treating in downtown Grass Valley for the little ones. And if you’re out on Halloween night stop by the Outside Inn for a pie from An Honest Pie.
- Haunted Nevada City tours
- Altar Show: Renewal & Remembrance (October 26- November 3), Nevada County Fairgrounds
- Take a fall colors walk around downtown Nevada City or check out the points of historical interests.
- Go on a self guided fall colors photo walk and share your photo on Instagram with #VisitNevadaCity
- Go camping at the Inn Town Campground (check out the midweek October glamping special) and the fun haunted pathway.
- Take a hike with Folk Trails Hiking Club (Friday, November 1st)
- Women’s Mountain Bike Skills Clinic (November 2nd-3rd)
- And if you’re looking for more weekly events, make sure to check out our Events Page over on Pinterest, updated every week with more information on live music, local art openings and more.
So whether you’re looking for fall color, enjoying the art tour, visiting local wineries or picking a pumpkin, there’s plenty to do in Nevada County for the whole family. Leave a comment and share your favorite way to celebrate fall.