It’s pumpkin time! While I love showcasing fall color in Nevada City, it’s also a great time to celebrate all things pumpkin. If you’re looking for a pumpkin fix here are a few ideas.
- Treats in downtown Nevada City is having a pumpkin fest: pumpkin ice creams (regular and vegan), pumpkin Pie Cones, pumpkin milkshakes, pumpkin brownie a la mode.
- An Honest Pie has 2 pumpkin options; classic pumpkin pie and Pumpkin Brew, their buttermilk pie with pumpkin filling.
- The Inn Town Campground has two fall special artisans marshmallows for sale in the camp store, if you’ve ever wanted to try Pumpkin Souffle or Pumpkin Spice Latte marshmallows, stop by now.
- If you need a pumpkin pie to feed more than just yourself, stop by Flour Garden Bakery and pick up either the pumpkin tarte with gingerbread crust or a gluten-free pumpkin pie. Or maybe you want the Southwestern Pumpkin Soup, check out their soup menu for dates.
- Three Forks Bakery & Brewery will have pumpkin pies for the holidays and look for locally sourced organic pumpkin soup on the menu soon.
- Think you want to make your own pumpkin treat, visit the Nevada City Farmers Market. Mountain Bounty Farm will have a variety of pumpkins for sale this Saturday 8:30am- 1pm.
- Caroline’s Coffee Roasters and Summer Thyme’s Bakery have their seasonal Pumpkin Spice Latte on the menu.
- Decorate a pumpkin at this weekend’s Bridgeport Fall Festival, Sunday, October 23rd (11-4)
- Go pick a pumpkin at Bierwagen’s Farm (open every day in October) or McCourtney Road Pumpkins (open weekends 10-5) or Smith Vineyards during their Pumpkins & Wine event (Saturday 10/22 and 10/29 from 12-4).
- And for those of you who plan to join the downtown Nevada City trick-or-treating scene, the Outside Inn is taking the pledge and will have a teal pumpkin for kids with food allergies who are looking for treats.
So, who’s ready for a little giveaway? I’ve put together an All Things Pumpkin prize with: a pumpkin pie from An Honest Pie, a pumpkin pie cone from Treats, a bag of gourmet marshmallows from the Inn Town Campground, a Pumpkin Spice Latte from Carolines Coffee and a $10 gift certificate to Bierwagen’s Farm to go pick a speciality pumpkin. Post a comment here on anything pumpkin and I’ll draw the winner on Wednesday, October 26th.
Mmm. I love fall. Thanks for the giveaway, Erin.
A fun harvest fair activity witnessed in St Helena over the past weekend was mini- pumpkin bowling. The bowling pins were colorfully painted gourds with halloween faces. Kids were having a ball! Maybe they already do this at the Twin Cities Halloween Fair?
Lots going on in our community! I love the head’s up you provide for some of the activities, and always fun to hear about places to visit locally that I might not have tried yet!
I love pumpkin, and I just clipped a recipe for Pumpkin Ice Cream Gingersnap Pie that I want to make!
What a great list! Thanks for helping me get into the fall/halloween spirit! All of this pumpkin talk sounds delicious.
I make stuffed pumpkins this time of year, I love all things pumpkin!
Erin You’re the best at keeping us all up to date on local happenings. Thank you for your hard work.
Favorite time of year; pumpkin spice lattes, fall leaves, pumpkins and Halloween.
To add to all things pumpkin, I saw a recipe for pumpkin black bean chili with an avacago sauce that sounds delicious! Vegan even. That’s what we’ll be eating Halloween night–if I can wait that long to make it!
Nevada City Chocolate Shoppe has pumpkin fudge too! (Gluten free)
Love pumpkin pie!
Aaah! I love pumpkins! Pie especially. Made with local, organic pumpkins especially especially!
Pumpkin anything for me! Love it!
Awesome air, colors, crops and temperatures! We are blessed to have this fall!
Pumpkins are so exciting as we creep towards the holidays. Yum yum yum!
Pumpkin seeds toasted with a little oil and salt- the best!
Did you say pumpkin pie? I’ll bring the whipped cream!
Love Pumpkin time and everything that comes with them. Fall is a beautiful time of year in our area, so lucky to live here. Halloween is a really fun time too.
Love Summer Thyme’s Pumpkin Spice Latte.♥
Anything with pumpkin in it makes me happy.
Love anything pumpkin!
Oh my gosh! I might have to stop by Inn Town Campground to pick up a package of those delicious sounding artisan marshmallows!
I ove pumpkin so much I just bought pumpkin cherioos at trader joes
Mmm pumpkin pie…a fall time treat!
I’ll have a big fat slice of some delicious pumpkin pie please! Yummy
I’m a nutrition professional so LOVE the fact that pumpkins are not only fun to decorate, immensely tasty to cook with, but they pack a walloping dose of vitamin A which is SO helpful in maintaining healthy bodies.
Where’s the pumpkin beer?!
I saw some for sale… Whole Foods? See if Briar Patch has some for sale locally?
Fall is my favorite time of the year.
I love everything pumpkin, you see,
from pie to cookies to creme brulee.
Then there is soup and bread and so much more.
I like to make things fresh, not buy things from the store.
The pumpkin is a versatile beauty to eat or decorate,
Piled on a porch, or carved, they look great.
With all the foods and colors of fall,
you can’t go wrong at all.
Pass the pie, please.
Pumpkin wild! Love it! Can’t wait to take my little to the patch
Thanks for the pumpkin themes tips! Personally I love pumpkin soup and pumpkin curry. Now that you’ve gotten me in the mood, I may cook up this recipe for tonight’s dinner: http://thaifood.about.com/od/vegetarianthairecipes/r/pumpkinsweetpotcurry.htm
I love fall and I love the pics you post!
Love pumpkins, always have! Fall is the best and how blessed are we to live in such a gorgeous area that gets to exprience the seasons! Looking forward to Halloween in Nevada city
You had me at pumpkin pie cones at Treats!
Did you say pumpkin! Made the most delish pumpkin pancakes this weekend 🙂
I love all things pumpkin! Thanks Erin!
Pumpkin Spice Lattes, Carving Pumpkins, pumpkin festivals….all my favorite things pumpkin.
Yummy! Now I need even more pumpkin in my life!
Can’t wait to take the kiddo out to a pumpkin patch, thanks for all of the info.