Who’s ready for summer vacation? The kids are counting down the last weeks of school, people are outside exploring and enjoying the beautiful weather and it’s time to organize a few summer adventures. For those who are looking for some ideas, here’s a round up of some of the fun on the horizon.
We know folks are trying to plan their future trips and it’s been great to have so many community events back on the schedule this year. Here are a few of the upcoming things to plan for….
- Nevada City Farmers Market, Saturday mornings
- Strawberry Music Festival, Memorial Day weekend
- First Friday Art Walk, June 3rd, July 1st, August 5th and September 2nd
- Celebration of Trails, June 3rd and 4th
- Deer Creek Music Festival, June 4th
- Folk Trails Hiking Club, June 9th
- Movies Under the Pines, June 10th
- Nevada City Village Day, June 12th
- 4th of July Parade
- Nevada City Summer Nights, July 13th, 20th & 27th
- The Children’s Festival, July 15th
- California Worldfest, July 14th-17th
- Nevada County Fair, August 10th-14th
- Nevada City Film Festival, August 26th-28th
- Draft Horse Classic, September 15-18
And it’s great to see so many live music events, if you’re looking for a round up of concerts and events check out: The Center for the Arts, Miners Foundry Cultural Center, Nevada Theatre, InConcert Sierra, Music in the Mountains or even some of the smaller venues like Crazy Horse Saloon in downtown Nevada City.
And we’re all dreaming of our upcoming lazy days by the river. SYRCL has some great tips and suggestions for planning your next trip to the South Yuba River State Park, please be aware of cold temperatures and high flows at the beginning of the summer.