July, July, July… it is the time of the year where everywhere I turn it seems like something fun is happening and people are out and about enjoying themselves. To continue the fun… here are a few more ideas if you’re looking for inspiration.
We know folks are trying to plan their future trips and it’s been great to have so many community events back on the schedule this year. Here are a few of the upcoming things to plan for….
- Nevada City Farmers Market, Saturday mornings
- Grass Valley Thursday Night Markets, July 14th, 21st and 28th
- First Friday Art Walk, August 5th and September 2nd
- Movies Under the Pines, July 8th
- Nevada City Summer Nights, July 13th, 20th & 27th
- The Children’s Festival, July 15th
- California Worldfest, July 14th-17th
- Nevada County Concert Band Picnic Pops Concert, July 24th
- Jerry Bash, August 6th
- Nevada County Fair, August 10th-14th
- Nevada City Film Festival, August 26th-28th
- Draft Horse Classic, September 15-18
And it’s great to see so many live music events, if you’re looking for a round up of concerts and events check out: The Center for the Arts, Miners Foundry Cultural Center, Nevada Theatre, InConcert Sierra, Music in the Mountains or even some of the smaller venues like Crazy Horse Saloon in downtown Nevada City.
Aren’t we all dreaming of our upcoming lazy days by the river? SYRCL has some great tips and suggestions for planning your next trip to the South Yuba River State Park, please be aware of temperatures and flows. And we’re super excited to say that the Inn Town Campground continues to help put Nevada City on the map, as we recently got awarded Best Campground by USA Today 10Best awards. For those of you who’d like to win an awesome trip to Nevada City, check out the contest our friends over at the Nevada City Film Festival have put together, enter in July for your chance to visit for the Nevada City Film Festival in August.