Happy St. Patrick’s Day. The sun came out and everyone has rejoiced! So here are a few suggestions on how to celebrate, celebrate Irish heritage and culture, wear green or find a shamrock shaped cookie.
- Want to have a beer? Stop by The Thirsty Barrel, Grass Valley Brewery or Ribald Brewery
- Sample the seasonal Bailey’s Irish cream or mint chip at Treats.
- The Miners Foundry is pleased to present O’Foundry’s Irish Pub, a St. Patrick’s Day Party. Doors open at 6:00 p.m. and the show begins at 7:00 p.m, featuring Harmony Happens leading an Irish Pub Sing-along plus Whiskey and Guinness!
- BriarPatch Co-op 5 Dot Corned Beef Sandwich and the Lucky Shake or grab your own Corned Beef Brisket from Nevada County Free Range Beef & Niman Ranch and tasty made-in-house Beer Brats and have a BBQ at home.
- Drinking with Clowns at Crazy Horse Saloon, Friday, 9:45pm
California Kind St. Patty’s Day Celebration at The Stone House, Friday, 8:30pm with members of Anna Morgan, Spekt1, Pharroh and Cannabass.
- Have a green yerba mate latte from Communal Cafe.
- Stock up on a pasty from Grass Valley Pasty Company or Marshall’s Pasties.
- Send a St. Patrick’s Day bouquet from Foothill Flowers or a real plant from either The Sunroom or HEX.
- Celebrate the day outside and go on a guided wildflower walk on the Buttermilk Bend Trail or check out the Spenceville Wildlife Preserve and hike out to Beale Falls.
- Go camping! The Inn Town Campground is so excited that the sun came out and the snow melted… dust off the RV and go spend the weekend outside.
© 2023 InnSide Nevada City, © photos by Erin Thiem